Monday, August 17, 2015

Beyond the Gospels: Acts

Today's Scripture: Acts 4:1-22
(Click on the link to read today's verses.)

"We can't keep quiet about what we've seen and heard."

When I close my eyes I can almost feel the energy overflowing from Peter and John. I've felt that same energy. There are times when God teaches me something new... shows me something incredible and I just can't be quiet about it. I have this urge to tell someone,"Look what God showed me today!"

It's like there's this bubbling deep down inside I can't contain. I've seen the same energy in people of all ages. Like Peter and John, when the Holy Spirit moves in you, you can't keep quiet. Not we refuse to keep quiet or we won't keep quiet. But, we CAN'T. There's just no way, even if we tried.

We. Just. Can't!

What has God shown you... healed in you... changed in you that moves you to say, "I can't keep quiet about what I've seen and heard!"

 Lord, You are a God of wonders.
Fill me anew with Your wonderful ways
so I can't keep quiet.

No comments:

Post a Comment