Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Beyond the Gospels: Acts

Today's Reading: Acts 4:23-37
(Click on the link if you don't have a bible handy.)

Why the big noise, nations?
Why the mean plots, peoples?

Earth’s leaders push for position,
Potentates meet for summit talks,
The God-deniers, the Messiah-defiers!


I find myself asking similar questions lately. What's all the noise in our nation about really? Why in the world would someone do that? What leader is in position now? Which one should I place my trust in? National leaders meeting, planning, making decisions that effect those they lead. I hear those who deny God's existence... those who have chosen science or some other god. I don't have any answers to the questions. It feels overwhelming and the noise can drown out the voice of God at times. 

In the face of all this I find myself on my knees doing exactly what the early followers did. Just like them, I realize I have no control over these things. But, I know the one who does. God is sovereign and that alone gives me hope.

Father God, the only fear I want to be filled with is
"fear of the Lord." Remind me, You are the Almighty,
the Most High. There is none greater than You, 
no need to fear any power in this world.
You reign and in Your Sovereignty, in Your unfailing love,
You work all things for the good of those who love You
and pursue Your purpose. I'm so glad I know You!

No comments:

Post a Comment