Monday, December 17, 2012

To Live a Life of Worship

I will praise you forever for what you have done;
in your name I will hope, for your name is good.
I will praise you in the presence of your saints.
Psalm 52:9

My friend Rebecca lost her battle to cancer in August. Rebecca loved Jesus, family and her church. She taught so many how to worship our Lord Jesus with great passion. Rebecca wrote many songs and when you heard them you knew she desired to be in the presence of Jesus. She wanted to sit at His feet and saturate herself in His presence, to be lost in the moment with Him, to breathe in His fragrance, to taste His goodness. She longed for His glory. I spent so much time with Rebecca. I knew she had a special heart for Jesus and souls to be saved. She planted seeds everywhere she went. I remember Rebecca playing her guitar at church. The neuropathy was so bad, she had lost her fingernails but that did not hold her back. She lifted her hands and worshiped our Savior.
 
Worshiping to Rebecca was not just in songs, it goes beyond singing. She taught us to understand that worship is about our life. It is how we all should live.  Worship itself is a heart issue, we are worshiping things around us and we are worshiping ourselves,we need to only worship Him.

A.    Worship – to show extreme devotion and intense love, to make something your main focus and attention in your thought life.
B.     Worship – surrender, submission, obedience and faith.

This is not just about getting born again. When you are born again, you enter into a spiritual relationship with God and you begin to understand this relationship with God Almighty is more than a relationship, it is a covenant. Covenant requires everything you have is HIS and everything He has is yours.

Praise and worship is for our benefit. This is why over and over the psalmist continues to praise Him, praise you all my saints. I will praise Him and I will bless Him even when I don’t feel like it. When we do that, something happens inside of us. 

In memory of my Dear Friend Rebecca Jane Thompson Corley



Tammy Philbrick

No comments:

Post a Comment