Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Kitchen Worship

I can do all things through him who strengthens me.
Philippians 4:13

For me… some days… a life of worship plays out in my kitchen…

After dinner, when I’ve waited until late to go back and clean up, after sleeping on the sofa in the den, I still need to wash dishes, put away leftovers, set up coffee for the morning…

In these moments… I pray… I can do all things through You who give me strength. Jesus, give me strength to do what I’m supposed to do…

And He does. Even though my flesh longs for the bed, and prods me to leave behind a mess, I choose in the Spirit, by faith, to ask for the strength He promises… and yes… even in the kitchen, in the mundane tasks of daily living, I find Him, live through Him, and thank Him.

Lord Jesus, may my life be as worship to You, even in the small and daily.

Only in Him,
Carol Weaver

No comments:

Post a Comment