Friday, December 7, 2012

As Worship to me….

And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests.
With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the saints.
Ephesians 5:18

Worship is to pray daily. I do this in many ways, at home, in my car, at work. Some days all day. I thank him for all things in my life. I repent of my sins. And I ask for help with things. By doing this my mind is at peace, my body full of energy and all things become manageable. The busy days; you know the ones; the days you just don’t want to take the time to pray. Stress level fully engaged. Nothing seems to go right and bad decisions are made. 


Worship is to seek knowledge. For me I do this through small group studies, Sunday school, worship on Sunday morning, reading my bible and reading books. How can I worship someone without knowing as much as I can about them? I thirst for knowledge, to understand things to learn more. This brings me closer to God.

Every night during prayer time with my daughter, I thank God for the gift from heaven, Haylin (my daughter) who truly is a gift as are all children. 

As I volunteer on Wednesday afternoons at Mini Methodist seeing all the children I see God at work. He has truly blessed this ministry. He has blessed ME through this ministry. The children love to come. It’s not a babysitting club, by any means. The afternoon of the Halloween carnival several children attended from the program, but one family in particular came. I saw the 4 siblings coming up from the parking lot full of excitement then they noticed me, off they started running to me and all gave me a hug. A gift of love, from God at work.

Don’t let your praying knees get weak.
Renita Pontenberg

No comments:

Post a Comment