Saturday, March 16, 2013

Day 35

His arrest and crucifixion...

Matthew 27:32-34 NIV84
As they were going out, they met a man from Cyrene, named Simon, and they forced him to carry the cross. They came to a place called Golgotha (which means The Place of the Skull). There they offered Jesus wine to drink, mixed with gall; but after tasting it, he refused to drink it.

Why do you think they forced someone else to carry Jesus's cross?

Imagine yourself as Simon from Cyrene. What would it be like to carry someone else's cross? 

Jesus, completely innocent, bore the sins of all mankind on the cross. Now imagine carrying Jesus's cross, knowing that it should be yours. What emotions come to mind? How will you respond to this reality?

Jesus, do not allow me to separate myself from Your cross, 
help me to keep it personal. Thank You.

"... And anyone who does not carry his cross and follow me 
cannot be my disciple." ---Jesus
Luke 14:27 NIV84

No comments:

Post a Comment