Thursday, October 13, 2016

Beyond the Gospels: Revelation

Today's Scripture: Revelation 2:1-11
(Click on the link to read today's verses.)

The beginning of John's vision is a message to the seven churches. In them we too can find truth as it applies to our own church and lives. To the church of Ephesus he writes:

But I have this against you, that you have abandoned the love you had at first,
Remember therefore from where you have fallen; repent,
and do the works you did at first.
Revelation 2:4-5

Do you remember when Jesus captured your heart? a time you were busting at the seams with joy? What did your faith look like then?

There are times we can get so caught up in the work of our Christianity we forget why we do what we do. Take time today to remember the love you first shared with Jesus. Ask God to refresh your soul with a new excitement about who Jesus is and what He did for you.

Restore to me the joy of your salvation...
Psalm 51:12 ESV

Father God, fill me afresh with the joy of salvation in Christ Jesus.
Bless me with a renewed understanding of what You have done for me,
and how much You love me. Fill my heart with love for You. 

No comments:

Post a Comment