Tuesday, October 11, 2016

Beyond the Gospels: Revelation

Today's Reading: Revelation 1:1-8
(Click on the link to read today's Scripture.)

I can't believe we are really here. The final book of the New Testament. Honestly, I've been dreading this portion of writing. This book has always been a scary mystery to me. A book I've avoided most of my life because I just can't wrap my mind around it. Maybe it is for you too. So, let's just keep going and commit to walk along side each other as we complete these final steps in our journey. Won't you pray for us in the writing and we will pray for you too!

The very title of the book catches my attention: Revelation. I've always thought of it as plural, but it's not. One revelation to John. Webster's defines revelation as "an act of revealing or communicating divine truth, something that is revealed by God to humans."

The first eight verses reveal to us the truth about Jesus. God's only Son coming to save us by shedding His blood for our sin. Jesus... the first born of the dead. His resurrection brings freedom to those who believe. Because of Him we have become His kingdom, priests serving a mighty God.

The final verse "I am the Alpha and Omega... who is, and who was, and who is to come." This one is not too hard to wrap our minds around. He is the beginning and the end. He is God, was God, and will always be God.

How has God revealed this to you lately? How has He shown you He is God yesterday, today, and forever?

Lord Jesus, bless me with a fresh revelation of who You are.

No comments:

Post a Comment