Thursday, June 29, 2017

Songs of Praise: Psalm 38

Psalm 38
Click the reference above to read on BibleGateway.com.

Under divine discipline, David feels crushed and deserted. Friends and neighbors have turned away. Silence isolates the psalmist who pleads for God's attention. Prayer is the life-line for one feeling abandoned by all, even God.

O Lord, all my longing is before you;
my sighing is not hidden from you.
Psalm 38:9

Sin can give us dis-ease as David's psalm so aptly expresses. The guilt is a burden too heavy to bear. Worn out and utterly crushed, David confesses his sin. Thus filled with anxiety, he calls out for God's help, for his strength fails him: "Do not forsake me, O Lord; O God do not be far from me! Make haste to help me, O Lord, my salvation!"

Lord, my spirit needs shoring up at times. Guide my steps and thoughts. Keep me spiritually enlightened by Scripture. Keep my witness fresh and alive that I might glorify the Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment