Monday, June 19, 2017

Songs of Praise: Psalm 27-28

Psalm 27-28
Be prepared to praise Him today for all He is to you. Click the link above to praise Him online or open up His Word in your Bible.

In Psalm 27, David's whole being is concentrated on God. God is appealed to as Rock, Strength, and Shield. It reflects a request of assurance of security with God. Psalm 28 is a prayer of supplication, perhaps conducted in the Temple. It also is an individual lament and includes thanksgiving as well.

In confidence, David seeks God's gracious favor. Let us do the same:

God will make me secure on a high rock.
I will sing. I will praise the Lord.
I will trust the Lord. The Lord is my light and my salvation.
Of whom shall I be afraid? My heart will not fear.
I will dwell in the house of the Lord and gaze upon the beauty of the Lord.
My heart is full of joy and I will give thanks to Him in song.

Lord, may Your name be exalted. When we are in darkness,
remind us that You are in charge. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment