Thursday, June 22, 2017

Songs of Praise: Psalm 32-33

Psalm 32-33
Open up your Bible or open up the link to read today's songs of praise.

Psalm 32 is a testimony to the joy that follows the witness of God's forgiveness, followed by a final exhortation to the congregation to pray, AND give up the foolish avoidance of the confession of sin. Psalm 33 is a summons to praise, enumerating the wonders of God's good Word. Be mindful of vain human might.

Blessed is the one whose transgression is forgiven, whose sin is covered.
Blessed is the man against whom the Lord counts no iniquity,
and in whose spirit there is no deceit.
Psalm 32:1-2 ESV

What a blessing to trust in God's forgiveness. Through acknowledgement of my sins and confession of my transgressions, I receive deliverance. It brings the Lord's kindness to me with inner joy. Removing the guilt is witness of deliverance. I can rejoice that I no longer carry that bag of guilt.

The Word of the Lord is surely upright. His counsel stands forever, from generation to generation. Surely the eye of the Lord is on those who fear Him; He delivers the soul from death. I will wait upon the Lord for He is our help and shield. His constant love fills the earth. The Lord watches over those who have reverence for Him.

O God, confession brings release. Your forgiveness brings joy.
I will praise You for Your blessed fellowship,
and Your Spirit-led conviction of sins.

No comments:

Post a Comment