Thursday, February 9, 2017

Back to the Beginning: Genesis 27:1-19

Today's verses from the beginning: Genesis 27:1-19
Click the link above or open up your Bible.

Jacob. The receiver of a “secondhand” birthright and now the thief of a blessing. This is the man who inherits God’s covenant and goes on to father the twelve nations of Israel. A man willing to deceive his own father. I can’t believe God would use him.

Oh, but how quickly those words turned sour in my mouth. How many mistakes have I made? How many times have I chosen the wrong path? And yet he calls me by none of those things.

“My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.”
Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses,
so that Christ’s power may rest on me.
2 Corinthians 12:9

That is a big love. We are flawed and God loves us anyway, uses us anyway.

Thank You God, for using me because YOU ARE. Not because of the things I am or the things I am not, but simply because You are. Perfect, in every single place that I am not. Strong where I am weak. What an incredible blessing.


No comments:

Post a Comment