Wednesday, May 31, 2017

Songs of Praise: Psalms 6-7

Psalms 6-7
Read the psalms online by clicking the reference above or open up your Bible.

The psalmist who wrote these psalms, knows both the pain of being judged rightly by God for sin and the frustration of being unjustly persecuted by the enemy.

O Lord, do not rebuke me in Your anger,
Nor chasten me in Your hot displeasure.
Have mercy on me, O Lord, for I am weak;
O Lord, heal me, for my bones are troubled.
Psalm 6:1-2 NKJV

O Lord my God, if I have done this:
If there is iniquity in my hands,
If I have repaid evil to him who was at peace with me,
Or have plundered the enemy without cause,
Let the enemy pursue me and overtake me;
Yes, let him trample my life to the earth,
And lay my honor in the dust.
Psalm 7:3-5 NKJV

In either case, he puts himself in the Lord's hands, trusting His mercy, His perfect judgment, and His steadfast love.

Oh, save me for Your mercies' sake!
Psalm 6:4 NKJV

God is a just judge...
Psalm 7:11 NKJV

No matter whether we rightly suffer consequences of sin or find ourselves unjustly accused by another, He is trustworthy in His judgment, His grace, His actions. And in either case, the right response, just like our psalmist, is to praise His holy name.

I will praise the Lord according to His righteousness,
And will sing praise to the name of the Lord Most High.
Psalm 7:17 NKJV

Lord, You are Most High and right in all You do.
Open my heart to trust You with what comes
and praise You in all circumstances.

No comments:

Post a Comment