Monday, February 29, 2016

Beyond the Gospels: Corinthians

Today's Scripture: 2 Corinthians 2:12-17
[Use your Bible or click the reference above to read the NIV translation online.]

But thanks be to God, who always leads us as captives
in Christ's triumphal procession...
2 Corinthians 2:14

Do you consider yourself a captive of Christ?

I do. When people ask me about my testimony it always includes the words: He captured my heart... I have no better words to describe what happened to me at the moment of my conversion. It was an unexpected moment. My heart stolen by Him. Never to be the same again.

As a captive I no longer have a lot of say in what I do. Captives are prisoners under the control of another. He alone has the words of life. As one who wants to live for Him, because He says so I will... Sometimes I fail. When I do, He still loves me. Teaches me through it. And next time, I'm more certain I want to do what He calls me to do.

Being His captive is a joy. I've found His way always better than mine. Difficult at times? Yes. But always better.

Again I'll ask: Do you consider yourself a captive of Christ?

If not, ask Him to capture your heart.
There is no better way to live.

Jesus, thank You for capturing my heart.
There is no better Lord and Master.

No comments:

Post a Comment