Wednesday, August 28, 2013

How Much Faith is Enough?

Read the passage Rev. Stephenson taught from last Sunday: Mark 9:14-29 
[If you don't have a Bible handy, click the Scripture reference...]

But if you can do anything take pity on us and help us.
"'If you can?'" said Jesus. "Everything is possible for him who believes."
Mark 9:22-23
(emphasis added)

Thoughts from last Sunday, make me realize I only visualize God being able to do... little.

I keep my problems for myself. I pray about them but don't leave them. After prayer is done I pick them right back up and carry them with me. Why don't I believe He can handle it? Don't I trust Him? 

I do believe, help me overcome by unbelief!

Daily I pray: Bless me Lord... Bless me a lot... Bless me now...

It's become a part of my routine prayer, not based on belief, not from my heart, but from routine.

Sunday's sermon helped me to once again begin growing closer to Christ the Lord by leaving behind my routine prayer. 

This week, I once again began praying from my heart, mind, and soul.

Lord I believe, help my unbelief.

Do you need change in your routine prayer?

I know I do,
Renita 

No comments:

Post a Comment